NGP VAN is the leading technology provider to progressive campaigns and organizations, offering an integrated platform that combines the best fundraising, compliance, field, organizing, and new media products.
We’re honored to power the activities for the Obama campaign; the DNC, DSCC, and DCCC; the majority of Democratic state caucuses; and thousands of other candidates and organizations.
As a member of our Sales Team, you will sell our software products and technology services in a designated territory within the U.S. You will develop new business primarily through prospecting and cold calls, as well as by building relationships with Democratic officials, consultants, and members of the campaign professional community. You will conduct online demos, prepare written proposals, and negotiate and close sales. You will establish and grow relationships with current NGP VAN clients to identify opportunities to up-sell additional tools and services.
- Demonstrated and passionate interest in political campaigns and progressive politics. (Former Democratic campaign managers, finance directors, and consultants with 2-8 years’ experience are especially encouraged to apply.)
- Thorough understanding of federal, statewide, and large city politics.
- Ability to work independently.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills; professional phone presence and highly effective presentation skills necessary.
- Customer-focused and highly organized; genuinely enjoys answering questions and solving problems through an effective and creative approach.
- Must be comfortable with daily cold calling: telesales, telemarketing, or telefundraising experience helpful.
- Experience with NGP VAN products.
NGP VAN has a fun and relaxed company culture. We also have a strong benefits package that includes company-paid health care and dental insurance. NGP VAN takes pride in being a progressive and open-minded workplace. You can learn more about our 18 years of growth and success by visiting www.ngpvan.com.
Please send an email with "National Account Executive" in the subject line and include a copy of your resume, references, and a cover letter that demonstrates your ability to get in the door to: firstname.lastname@example.org